- Measures for processing of files for Afghan nationals
The Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada (IRB) is aware of and monitoring the rapid changes in the political and security situation in Afghanistan.
- Refugee Protection Division approach to scheduling
- Remote-only hearings to continue until further notice
Until further notice, IRB hearings will continue to be held remotely, subject to limited exceptions.
- Evaluation of the IRB Process for making a complaint about a member
- Quality Performance Report: Refugee Protection Division 2019-20 is now available
The Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada (IRB) has published the report Quality Performance in the Refugee Protection Division 2019-20.
- Website outage: Tuesday, July 6 from 8 to 11 pm EDT
Please note that due to a scheduled server update, the Immigration and Refugee Board website may experience network disruptions between 8 and 11 pm EDT on Tuesday, July 6, 2021.
- Weighing Evidence: Updated version of Paper published by the IRB
The IRB has published an updated version of its paper, Weighing Evidence.
- The Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada publishes its Quality Assurance Framework for Decision-Making
The Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada (IRB or the Board) has published its Quality Assurance Framework for Decision-Making (QAF) and the results of a third-party review.
- Annual Report on Complaints 2020
The Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada’s (IRB or the Board) Annual Report on Complaints 2020 completed in accordance with the IRB’s Procedures for Making a Complaint About a Memberis now available.
- Government of Canada Appeal allowed on Safe Third Country Agreement
On April 15, 2021, the Federal Court of Appeal issued its decision in Canada (Citizenship and Immigration) v. Canadian Council for Refugees, 2021 FCA 72.
- Forward Regulatory Plan for 2021-23
The Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada (IRB) has published its Forward Regulatory Plan for 2021-23.
- Publication of the revised Chairperson’s Guideline 2: Detention
The Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada (IRB) is pleased to inform you of the publication of a newly revised version of Chairperson's Guideline 2: Detention.
- Notice of upcoming website maintenance
The Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada's website will be unavailable on Saturday, February 6, 2021 from 8 am to 6 pm (EST), due to scheduled maintenance.
- Notice of prohibition – Mumtaz Khan
- Quality Performance Report: Immigration Division 2019-20 now available
Quality Performance in the Immigration Division 2019-20 is now available.
- IRB moving to remote-only hearings as of January 18, 2021
Since the beginning of the pandemic, the IRB has been guided by the dual objectives of protecting the health and safety of employees and those appearing before the Board, while also ensuring meaningful access to justice.